Wednesday, December 26, 2007

PLOS Week 6 sampler 1 - finished!

It's Boxing Day - another cold surly day in Beijing (wish it would snow to brighten things up) - and I have finished my tenth and last sampler from the PLOS class. I already put the embroidery key on my previous post, and the work I have done on this since is basically a continuation of the same stitches. But anyway, here is the key again:
Buttonhole wheel, palestrina stitch, basque knot, bullion knot, woven petals, cast on stitch, drizzle stitch, buttonholed cretan stitch, buttonhole cups, colonial knot, french knot, spider web wheel, and buttonhole bar.
The sampler is stitched on 5.5" x 7", 25 count linen. The two hand prints are from my two girls' hands, real size.
Now that all my samplers from PLOS are finished, I am trying to work out what to do with them. My current idea is to make a fabric sampler book out of them.......let's see how that idea develops!

5 comments:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Oh, oh, jaw dropping wonderful.

verobirdie said...

You must have a turbo needle!
This embroidery is very beautiful.

SUSAN said...

Mara, just wonderful. I'll miss the class but looking forward to the challenge.

Misa said...

That's GORGEOUS.

Simona said...

this is beautiful I like it very much!