Sunday, March 23, 2008

Just a Perfect Day - finished!



"Just a Perfect Day"
Design by Shirley Bloomfield, stitched by Mara Warwick
Taught by Shirley at the Elly Sienkiewicz Applique Academy 2008
*******
I'm so pleased to have finished this block today and even though it is now late on Sunday night, I am so keen to send a picture to everyone immediately that I have taken a not-so-fantastic one under lights at home. Anyway, even though the colors are not completely true, I guess you can get the idea. Maybe I can take a better photo during the week if I am home early enough in the light.
This is a marvelous block - so many different techniques, including dimensional flowers which I have really been inspired by. The majority of the block is stitched in batiks and commercial hand dyes. The peony bud and flower are stitched in hand dyed silk from Jenifer Buechel and the butterfly is broderie perse.
I will post another photo later when the block is framed and sent to its new home. Now, just to convince the Chinese framing shop to frame it with a silk mount......

5 comments:

Conni said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kathy Bridges said...

Once again, you have done a lovely job.
Kathy B. N. GA.

Françoise said...

Beautiful!
I would like to ask you a few questions about Beijing. Could you please email me? Thanks!

Ati said...

Hi, your block looks beautiful!!
The dimensional pink flower is great.
A nice thing to do, applique.
I also have had a two days workshop in the '90, with Elly Sienkiewitz, while living in the Netherlands.Such a lovely lady. After that I made a nine blocks Baltimore quilt. Still don't have a digital photo of it.It hangs on the wall in my studio.
When the weather becomes nice again I will take it out and make a photo outdoors and put it on my Flickr page.

Crazypatch said...

Gorgeous.... I love appliqué baltimore....