It passed in a blur of 2 huge work trips, a horrific earthquake in western China on 12 May 2008 at 2:28pm, 18 hour work days and utter exhaustion. I haven't done any stitching since the May 1st long weekend, nearly a month. Especially after the earthquake, when my work life turned upside down (I am coordinating my organization's earthquake response), I haven't felt like doing any stitching. I can't even get it out of the drawer.
Normally stitching reduces my stress, but in this case, my anxiety has been so high that I do not want to stitch the stress into my work. I am sure only stitchers would understand what I mean.
I will try to catch up May TIFC later, and I'll attempt to do June TIFC this month. Let's see how I go.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope your work schedule and stress levels decrease soon.
i, too, hope you're soon able to get that stitching project out of the drawer.
Things must have been difficult for you. i hope you can get back to enjoying your needlework again soon.
Thinking of you.
I know what you mean about stress. When it skyrockets, you are just too uptight to sew. Make sure you eat well. Disaster recovery workers have a tendency not take care of themselves.
Post a Comment