I have made some progress on my TIFC for February. I wrote about the design, which is a view (some poetic license taken with the actual view although it is basically correct) from my childhood window on my previous post. Today I did the sewing, printing, fusing etc to get the basic form of the design. Now it needs lots of embroidery and embellishment! By the way, in case you are wondering why the rather ditsy yellow print border (which is really NOT ME these days)....this fabric is remarkably similar to the yellow floral wallpaper in my bedroom when I was a child (it WAS the 1970s!).
Saturday, February 16, 2008
TIFC - February - Post 3
I have made some progress on my TIFC for February. I wrote about the design, which is a view (some poetic license taken with the actual view although it is basically correct) from my childhood window on my previous post. Today I did the sewing, printing, fusing etc to get the basic form of the design. Now it needs lots of embroidery and embellishment! By the way, in case you are wondering why the rather ditsy yellow print border (which is really NOT ME these days)....this fabric is remarkably similar to the yellow floral wallpaper in my bedroom when I was a child (it WAS the 1970s!).
Labels:
Embroidery,
Take It Further Challenge,
TIFC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How interesting - to get the view, the bear, the wall paper. A great response to the memory challenge.
Looking great Mara. The oranges and yellows of the 70's were quite amazing! Wallpapers like that were all the rage everywhere. Thank goodness for the quiet we seemed to have mostly reached.
I think this is a wonderful concept, very moving, and you've done it beautifully !
Post a Comment