I just finished the many many SMALL leaves on the Heart Wreath of Flowers so I thought I would post a photo of my progress (which has been slow) before I move on to the next stage which is the bud calyxes. The leaves are a mixture of applique in the various cotton fabrics supplied, and embroidery using fly stitch in Silk 'n Colors stranded silk. I think this provides a good (neutral, but not boring) basis for the colorful flowers. What do you think?
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Friendship Quilt block continued - Post 3
I just finished the many many SMALL leaves on the Heart Wreath of Flowers so I thought I would post a photo of my progress (which has been slow) before I move on to the next stage which is the bud calyxes. The leaves are a mixture of applique in the various cotton fabrics supplied, and embroidery using fly stitch in Silk 'n Colors stranded silk. I think this provides a good (neutral, but not boring) basis for the colorful flowers. What do you think?
Labels:
Baltimore Album Applique,
BAQ,
Friendship Quilt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is just lovely... I like the different hues and finishes of the leaves... it makes it more lifelike!
Post a Comment